Work Permit


A work permit allows Green Card applicants the right to work from the time the Green Card is granted. Work permits are also granted to the spouse of individuals holding L-1 or E-2 visas.

Eligibility Requirements
  • The request must be made 90 days after the original visa application.
  • The candidate must be located within the United States at the time of the request.
  • The applicant must have completed a Green Card request with Adjustment of Status.

  • Period of Validity
  • Valid for 1 year until the Green Card is obtained.

  • Status of dependents
  • In the case of the spouse of an L1 or E2 visa holder, a marriage certificate is required, since a de facto marriage is not recognized.

  • Particulars
  • Work Permits and Work Authorizations are different.